Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekends are more fun...

Happy End of Monday! I had a great weekend! Not only was it relaxing, and uneventfull, but also very productive!
Friday eve. Todd hung my new shelf that he made from scratch! Our inspiration came from a shelf in Kimswick that we wanted to duplicate. So, for around $40 we have a new wall length shelf, and a fresh coat of yummy chocolate paint on our main wall in the living room! Here is a photo of my new bookshelf. Of course, now I have to get some fun decor to go on the shelves!!

Saturday was spent attempting to cut the grass. That was short lived bc Todd got rained out. I spent the morning and afternoon finishing up Isabella and Ophelia's Twirly Skirts! I am so excited about how they turned out! Here are the pics, and here is the link to where I found the tutorial!!http://houseonhillroad.typepad.com/photos/twirly_skirt/skirt_002_1_1.html This is a great and easy tutorial, complete with step by step pics and directions!

I also made
two (Owl of course) birthday cards for my brother and brother in law! My husband also made them some sweet pickles straight from the cucumbers from our garden! I topped the jars with some fabric, ribbon, and a cute tag! Come to find out, Kevin doesn't like pickles, and I have no idea if Chris does or not! LOL! The thought was there anyway!

Saturday evening was spent at mom and dads celebrating mine, Chris's, and Kevin's bdays! I was surprised by a "new to me" bike given to me by my dad and mom!! Woohoo! I am so excited! Can you see the bow dad made for me on the front? I love it! We spent the eve. together visiting and letting the kids play.


Sunday morning was spent at church of course. Then Sunday afternoon was dedicated to finishing the grass, and other outside/house stuff. Sunday eve. we took the kids to Walthers Park to ride their bikes! They had a blast riding and playing in the creek. We really had a great weekend, and I am looking forward to a great week also! 2 more weeks till school starts!

1 comment:

Timothy said...

I love the photos of the fam.